Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd September 2006, 06:04 PM   #1
William.m

Default For sale: Japanese,English & Indian swords

Hello everybody, its time to rotate my collection so up for sale is a Japanese police hanger, Indian Khanda and an English sword.

The English sword has the guard and grip are from a 1742 pattern hanger and the blade looks like that of a 1700's spadroon. The condition is very good with a tiny nick near the tip of the blade. The only problem is that when I received the sword the solder under the guard was old and crumbled away. Because I have not replaced it the guard is slightly loose although the grip and pommel are very secure. Total length 106cm Price £300

The Indian Khanda is around the 17th century but does not look it, due to having been buffed. The steel is wootz and for more information please look here. http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2428
Total length 89cm Price £350 *edit sword comes with red scabbard, please enquire for pictures.

Lastly the Japanese police sword from 1850's to the end of ww2 is in very good condition, with almost no damage to the blade except a few scratches down near the habaki. The locking mechanism works very well and the grip is quite secure. The leather on the grip is mostly intact with only a very small area having been worn away. The scabbard has some chrome worn away but other than that is bump free and thus is in very good condition. Total Length 68cm Price £250

I have many close up photos but I dont know which ones to post, so if you want a particular photo please let me know. I would prefer to sell within the UK or within the EU because of postage costs, but if your willing then its okay.

Cheers!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...am-m/forum.jpg

Last edited by William.m; 3rd September 2006 at 01:38 PM.
William.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 10:05 PM   #2
William.m

Khanda is now SOLD

Other two swords are still up for sale, willing to take offers.

Cheers!
Old 19th September 2006, 08:26 PM   #3
William.m

British sword now SOLD