Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons

Old 1st May 2016, 10:33 AM   #1
BANDOOK

Default NEED A GOOD SHIPPING AGENT

I RECENTLY WON THIS MORROCON MUSKET AT AUCTION IN SWITZERLAND
Type ALTIT de l'anti-Atlas à la crosse courbée en os ou ivoire pris dans un cadre de métal.

COULD SOME ONE RECCOMEND A GOOD COURIER/SHIPPING AGENT IN SWITZERLAND TO SEND IT TO ME IN AUCKLAND,NEW ZEALAND
REGARDS RAJESH
Attached Images

BANDOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 10:48 AM   #2
Jens Nordlunde

This is quite a delicate quistion, as most shipping agents will have nothing to do with shipping weapons of any kind. Try to ask the auction house.
If there is ivory inlaid, I hope you have a certificate.
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 11:50 AM   #3
Gavin Nugent

You may be in for a world of hurt here.

Fedex I do believe still ship antique firearms but during the journey from the EU to NZ, there is air cargo transfer in Singapore....be prepared to be extorted by Singapore customs authority who will demand a transfer permit if this is picked up during manifest inspections, they are very thorough..this is the case with sword and the like, I would check the laws there first about their stance on antique firearms.
The shipping company will then tell you that you must pay $XXX to have the transfer permit applied by Singapore customs and the item released, this can drag on too. It cannot be escaped, it is law there and clearly written, sender/buyer beware...or you can pray it is overlooked.

If you can organise shipping from Australia, I have a container leaving the UK in about 6 weeks with other firearms etc in there...its a long time to wait I know but might prove to be cheaper. Email me if you need further direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
This is quite a delicate quistion, as most shipping agents will have nothing to do with shipping weapons of any kind. Try to ask the auction house.
As Jens notes, be prepared for more pain here and Fedex, whilst they may be able to handle the shipment, they are very strict on CITES policy, it could just get worse.

Gavin
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 01:53 PM   #4
mariusgmioc

Fedex

or better yet

DHL Exprss

... I hope.

PS: Superb aquisition! Congratulations!
mariusgmioc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:57 AM   #5
Kubur

Very nice, welcome to the club!
Best,
Kubur
Attached Images

Kubur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 03:44 PM   #6
corrado26

Quote:
or better yet DHL Express

As far as I'm informed DHL denies to transport arms in whatever form. And sending with DHL is a very risky task because in case the package gets lost you will get no refund. Why not have it sent by ship? Ok, it lasts longer but it's much cheaper and safer. I try to contact Fischer auctions by phone and ask what they have to suggest.
corrado26
corrado26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:06 PM   #7
Jens Nordlunde

I would accept Garvin's offer - and be glad as well.
But be careful to get a CITES certificate if it is needed.
Congratulation on your gun - I do hope it will arrive safely - before or later.
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:41 PM   #8
BANDOOK

Quote:
HELLO JENS ,WOULD THE AUCTION HOUSE GIVE ME A CERTIFICATE ON THEIR LETTER HEAD,HOW DO I PROCURE A CITES OCUMENT FOR THIS GUN AS IT HAS IVORY INLAY,KIND REGARDS RAJESH
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:57 PM   #9
Kubur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDOOK
HELLO JENS ,WOULD THE AUCTION HOUSE GIVE ME A CERTIFICATE ON THEIR LETTER HEAD,HOW DO I PROCURE A CITES OCUMENT FOR THIS GUN AS IT HAS IVORY INLAY,KIND REGARDS RAJESH
Hi Rajesh

don't worry
i'm sure that's not ivory but camel bone.
So you are out of problem, but ask them to describe the gun with mention of material: bone, wood...
best wishes
Old 3rd May 2016, 06:02 AM   #10
BANDOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubur
Very nice, welcome to the club!
Best,
Kubur
VERY NICE KUBUR,LOVELY GUNS,AM DOUBTFUL IF HOW I CAN NOW SHIP MY GUN ,AS COMPLICATIONS OF CITES CERTIFICATE ETC IS COMPLICATED,HOPE THE AUCTION HOUSE WILL GO OUT OF THE WAY TO SUPPLY IT TO ME,REGARDS RAJESH
Old 3rd May 2016, 06:03 AM   #11
BANDOOK

Quote:
Hi Rajesh

don't worry
i'm sure that's not ivory but camel bone.
So you are out of problem, but ask them to describe the gun with mention of material: bone, wood...
best wishes
THANKS KUBUR WILL ASK THEM TO DO WHAT YOU HAVE MENTIONED,REGARDS RAJESH
Old 3rd May 2016, 06:05 AM   #12
BANDOOK

Quote:
I would accept Garvin's offer - and be glad as well.
But be careful to get a CITES certificate if it is needed.
Congratulation on your gun - I do hope it will arrive safely - before or later.
THANKS JEN,HOPEFULLY ITS CAMEL BONE AND NOT IVORY,SO NO COMPLICATION,CAN THE AUCTION HOUSE SUPPLY ME CITES CERTIFICATE IF NEEDED,CHEERS RAJESH
Old 3rd May 2016, 06:06 AM   #13
BANDOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado26
As far as I'm informed DHL denies to transport arms in whatever form. And sending with DHL is a very risky task because in case the package gets lost you will get no refund. Why not have it sent by ship? Ok, it lasts longer but it's much cheaper and safer. I try to contact Fischer auctions by phone and ask what they have to suggest.
corrado26
THANKS CORRADO,DO LET ME KNOW IF FISHER HAS A SWISS OFFICE OR HANDLING AGENTS,CHEERS
Old 3rd May 2016, 06:06 AM   #14
BANDOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusgmioc
Fedex

or better yet

DHL Exprss

... I hope.

PS: Superb aquisition! Congratulations!
THANKS MATE,CHEERS
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:25 AM   #15
Jens Nordlunde

I dont think the auction house can/may give you a CITES certificate, but you will have to ask them how to get one.

Be careful with the shipping firms, as some which used to handle weapons dont any more, as they have been bought of other shipping firms not handeling weapons.
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:38 AM   #16
kahnjar1

Hi Rajesh,
Be careful of shipping thru the UK> I have just been informed by a contact there that there is a new law now in place relating to ALL guns which I believe requires ALL guns to be covered by documentation stating that it can not EVER be fired. What that means I am not sure, but I have seen some very careless "deactivations" over the years.
Perhaps a PM to Runjeet at Akaal Arms might be of help. He at least will know what the current situation is in the UK.
Stu
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:48 AM   #17
BANDOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnjar1
Hi Rajesh,
Be careful of shipping thru the UK> I have just been informed by a contact there that there is a new law now in place relating to ALL guns which I believe requires ALL guns to be covered by documentation stating that it can not EVER be fired. What that means I am not sure, but I have seen some very careless "deactivations" over the years.
Perhaps a PM to Runjeet at Akaal Arms might be of help. He at least will know what the current situation is in the UK.

Stu
Thanks Stu,,WILL CHECK ,Its realy getting tough ,no wonder many of the dealers are no more selling or dealing in guns but instead only in edged weapons, coz of the new shipping and gun laws,lets see,Cheers
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:51 AM   #18
BANDOOK

Quote:
I dont think the auction house can/may give you a CITES certificate, but you will have to ask them how to get one.

Be careful with the shipping firms, as some which used to handle weapons dont any more, as they have been bought of other shipping firms not handeling weapons.
Thanks Jens,will ask them what they could do,if they cannot help then will have to get something sorted or pay them their commission and not go ahead as it will complicate the import into New Zealand
kind regards Rajesh
Old 3rd May 2016, 01:16 PM   #19
Jens Nordlunde

Have a look here http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_fir...x.html?lang=en it is the Swiss homepage for CITES - and in English.

I wish you all the best of luck
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:49 PM   #20
Richard G

Khanjar 1,
I don't think the law in the UK has changed yet, this is a proposed Bill that is going through Parliament. It should, in theory, make life easier for the shippers of antiques, as these will be more clearly defined; but tighten up the rules on de-activated firearms to the extent most current de-activation will not meet the required citeria.

Bandook,
I suspect many courier or parcel services in the UK try to avoid 'firearms' even if antique, because they are scared of unforeseen problems at the other end or in transit, and being left holding a very unpopular baby. Possibly the same in Switzerland. You may find it easier, if not cheaper, if you can find a NZ shipping agent, who the exporter or his agent can trust, to act for you.

Regards
Richard
Richard G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 04:19 PM   #21
Kubur

Even with ivory you don't care, look

The decree of July 29th, 2005 so modified 6 different orders, integrating henceforth that " The ban on transport, on hawking, on use, on putting on sale, on sale or on purchase, planned to articles (...) Does not apply to dating specimens of before June 1st, 1947, since their natural raw state was widely modified to make it jewels, decorative, artistic or utilitarian objects, or musical instruments, since they can be used without being sculptured, decorated or transforming more and since the invoice or the certificate of transfer mentions their age. "

I strongly advise you to ship directly from Swiss, do not go through UK!!
Old 3rd May 2016, 04:59 PM   #22
Panzerraptor

Very nice acquisition. While I'm more of a sword person, I can appreciate older firearms and moukalas like that are truly a piece of beauty. What are the measurements of that piece? And also, what's the name of the auction house?
Panzerraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 09:12 AM   #23
corrado26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDOOK
THANKS CORRADO,DO LET ME KNOW IF FISHER HAS A SWISS OFFICE OR HANDLING AGENTS,CHEERS

I had a talk to Fischer auction at Luzern. They have a Swiss Transport firm which they always collaborate with for transports in foreign countries. So send me a p.m and I send you the email-adress of this firm.
corrado26
Old 9th May 2016, 09:36 PM   #24
Jens Nordlunde

Did you find a way to get the gun sent?
Old 10th May 2016, 01:52 AM   #25
BANDOOK

Quote:
Have a look here http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_fir...x.html?lang=en it is the Swiss homepage for CITES - and in English.

I wish you all the best of luck
THATS GOOD INFORMATION JENS
APPRECIATE THIS
REGARDS
RAJESH
Old 10th May 2016, 01:57 PM   #26
corrado26

Quote:
I had a talk to Fischer auction at Luzern. They have a Swiss Transport firm which they always collaborate with for transports in foreign countries. So send me a p.m and I send you the email-adress of this firm.
corrado26

What about this? Is there no need anymore?
corrado26
Old 11th May 2016, 10:46 AM   #27
BANDOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G
Khanjar 1,
I don't think the law in the UK has changed yet, this is a proposed Bill that is going through Parliament. It should, in theory, make life easier for the shippers of antiques, as these will be more clearly defined; but tighten up the rules on de-activated firearms to the extent most current de-activation will not meet the required citeria.

Bandook,
I suspect many courier or parcel services in the UK try to avoid 'firearms' even if antique, because they are scared of unforeseen problems at the other end or in transit, and being left holding a very unpopular baby. Possibly the same in Switzerland. You may find it easier, if not cheaper, if you can find a NZ shipping agent, who the exporter or his agent can trust, to act for you.

Regards
Richard
THANKS RICHARD I WON THIS GUN FOR 70 CHF [SWISS FRANCS] PLUS COMM ,STRANGELY THE AUCTION HOUSE HAS STILL NOT SENT ME AN INVOICE AND GUESS THEY REALIZED ITS SOLD CHEAP SO THEY ARE ALSO WAITING TO TEST MY PATIENCE,I SHALL WAIT AND CONTACT CITES AND ALSO SHIPPING GUYS AS I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THIS LOVELY GUN TO MY COLLECTION,WITHOUT THE HEADACHE IF POSSIBLE,BUT MEMBERS HAVE MADE ME AWARE ITS NOT GOING TO BE EASY
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INPUTS
REGARDS RAJESH
Old 11th May 2016, 10:48 AM   #28
BANDOOK

Quote:
Even with ivory you don't care, look

The decree of July 29th, 2005 so modified 6 different orders, integrating henceforth that " The ban on transport, on hawking, on use, on putting on sale, on sale or on purchase, planned to articles (...) Does not apply to dating specimens of before June 1st, 1947, since their natural raw state was widely modified to make it jewels, decorative, artistic or utilitarian objects, or musical instruments, since they can be used without being sculptured, decorated or transforming more and since the invoice or the certificate of transfer mentions their age. "

I strongly advise you to ship directly from Swiss, do not go through UK!!
THANKS KUBUR GOO ADVICE,REGARDS RAJESH
Old 11th May 2016, 10:49 AM   #29
BANDOOK

Quote:
corrado26
GREETINGS WILL DO NOW,MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP