Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th March 2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Iain

Default For Trade: Indian Javelin

Hi All,

This what I believe to be an Indian javelin and was discussed on the forum some time back.

Reason I'm looking to trade is because I got it thinking it was something from Africa and it doesn't really fit my collecting habits.

I consider the javelin to have good worth as they seem to rarely come on the market. It is 163cm overall and extremely well made, the head in particular is thick and heavy duty.

I'd be interested in Sahel region swords, spears and daggers. Older items and in decent condition. I am always intrigued by unusual forms, particularly swords (brass hilted takouba, metal hilted kaskara and the like) or cavalry lances.

Looking forward to seeing what's out there!

Contact via PM or iain.norman@gmail.com

I am not particularly looking to sell outright, but it could be discussed if nothing else turns up for trade.

Iain
Attached Images

Iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Iain

I should add I would prefer to look at items already inside the EU due to import taxes and duties.

Shipping cost would depend on where you are located. I'm usually happy to cover some of the cost of shipping if it turns out to be high given that this is a long item.
Old 6th May 2013, 02:35 PM   #3
Iain

Having had no luck on the trading front I'd be happy to consider reasonable offers on this javelin. I would like to get something around 200 EUR. Shipping highly dependent on the destination.

I'm attaching a few newer images to show the condition better.

I'm still open to trades as well! Someone must have a spare kaskara or takouba lying around.
Attached Images

Old 8th May 2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Iain

On hold.