Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th April 2022, 09:38 AM   #1
aspalathos

Default Helmet id

Hello everyone ,need help. Helmet for come t,looks like lobster tail helmet(without tail)
Attached Images

aspalathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2022, 10:20 PM   #2
Triarii

Looks for the all the world like a zischagge (European cavalry helmet) of the 16202-70s, minus its tail.
Triarii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2022, 09:05 PM   #3
Victrix

This could be some ”local” version of a Zischägge? There are some highly unusual details: 1) typically the screw for the nosebar is poisitioned just above the visor and not halfway up the front, 2) the thing on top of the crown doesn’t look original (looks like there was originally a round disc on top of the crown?), 3) usually, but not always, the ear flaps have holes in them for hearing or ventilation. The tail is missing so we can’t judge the authenticity of that.
Victrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2022, 03:44 PM   #4
aspalathos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victrix View Post
This could be some ”local” version of a Zischägge? There are some highly unusual details: 1) typically the screw for the nosebar is poisitioned just above the visor and not halfway up the front, 2) the thing on top of the crown doesn’t look original (looks like there was originally a round disc on top of the crown?), 3) usually, but not always, the ear flaps have holes in them for hearing or ventilation. The tail is missing so we can’t judge the authenticity of that.
Hello tnx, yes some details are very strange..only Eat flaps..some there are some without hole..
Attached Images

aspalathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2022, 09:44 AM   #5
Villerica

I don't think that this helmet is authentic . Just my opinion of course but I wouldn't buy it if I was collecting.
Villerica is offline   Reply With Quote