Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th May 2005, 01:00 PM   #1
Mare Rosu
Deceased

Default ATLANTA BLADE SHOW!!!

Big blade show in Atlanta on June 3-5 2005. If you are in this area you need to attend. A lot of good Seminars, for more information click on this link.
http://www.collect.com/krause/shows....d=BSICF&Page=1
Seminar Schedule

BLADE Show Seminar/Event Schedule

Friday, June 3
11:00 a.m. ABS Auction

Saturday, June 4
8:00 a.m. Randall Knife Society-Room 103

8:00 a.m. Buck Collectors Club board meeting-Room 108

9:30 a.m. 30-Minute Yoga Intro For Deep Relaxation & Stress Reduction-Jot Singh Khalsa, Room 107

10:00 a.m. How To Throw Knives & Tomahawks-Bobby Branton, The Courtyard

10:30 a.m. Knifemaker Freedom & High-Performance Knives-Ed Fowler, Room 110

11:15 a.m. James Williams Japanese Sword Demonstration-The Courtyard

11:30 a.m. Bladesmithing For Kids-Joe Keeslar, Larry Harley & Wes Byrd, Room 108

12:00 p.m. How To Do The Japanese Silk Cord Wrap-Wally Hayes, Room 110

12:00 p.m. Buck Collectors Club-Room 103

12:30 p.m. How To Forge Knives-Bill Moran & Jay Hendrickson with the Ken Mankel Mobile Forge, The Courtyard

1:00 p.m. Pete Hamilton & Bob Gaddis Talk Randall Knives-Pete Hamilton and Bob Gaddis, Room 110

1:45 p.m. 3rd Annual ABS World Cutting Competition Championship Finals-The Courtyard

2:15 p.m. What To Look For In High-End & Tactical Handmades-Bob Neal & Les Robertson, Room 108

2:45 p.m. Edged Weapons: Separating Myth From Reality-Ernest Emerson, Room 110

3:15 p.m. How To Grind A Knife-Bob Dozier, The Courtyard

4:00 p.m. ABS Cutting Demonstration-Bill Moran, Room 103

Sunday, June 5
8:00 a.m. Worship Service-The Rev. W.D. Pease, Room 103

9:30 a.m. 30-Minute Yoga Intro For Deep Relaxation & Stress Reduction-Jot Singh Khalsa, Room 107

10:30 a.m.Proper Using Handle Design-Dan Farr, Room 108

11:00 a.m. How To Critique ABS Journeyman and Master Smith Knives-B.R. Hughes, Mike Williams, Greg Neely and Bert Gaston, Room 103

11:15 a.m. Dance Of The Japanese Swords-Angel Sword, The Courtyard

11:30 a.m. Japanese Steel: Tama-hagane-Ray Rybar, Room 110

12:00 p.m. The United Kingdom's War On Knives & What It Means to American Knife Owners-Evan Nappen, Room 108

12:30 p.m. Scrimshaw: When, Why and What!-Rick Hutchings, Room 107

1:00 p.m. Knife-and-Tomahawk Throwing Competition-John Bailey, The Courtyard

THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Mare Rosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2005, 09:22 PM   #2
Jens Nordlunde

Hi Gene,

I have no doubts that you and many others will have some nice days - good hunting.

Jens
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 12:50 PM   #3
Bill M

Would like to meet EA&A people attending Atlanta Blade Show. Email me.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 03:03 PM   #4
VANDOO
(deceased)

Thumbs up

I HAVE BEEN HEARING ABOUT THE ATLANTA SHOW FOR MANY YEARS BUT HAVE NEVER MADE IT. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IT IS THE LARGEST AND BEST SHOW FOR COLLECTING CUSTOM KNIVES THAT ARE CURRENTLY BEING MADE BY NEW AND FAMOUS MAKERS. I SUSPECT IT MAY HAVE LOTS OF COLLECTIBLE POCKET AND MILITARY KNIVES ALSO BUT WONDER IF THERE WOULD BE MUCH ETHINOGRAPHIC MATERIAL THERE. LET ME KNOW IF I AM INCORRECT IN THAT ASSUMPTION.
THE FEW TIMES OVER THE YEARS I HAVE FOUND A CUSTOM KNIFE MAKER OR A POCKET KNIFE SELLER IN POSSESION OF A NICE ETHINOGRAPHIC ITEM THEY HAVE ALWAYS HAD IT VASTLY OVERPRICED. THEY ALWAYS HAVE ONLY ONE OR TWO ITEMS WHICH NEVER FIT IN WITH THE REST OF THEIR STOCK. I ALWAYS FOUND THAT INTERESTING BUT NEVER FIGGURED OUT WHY
I AM SURE YOU WILL SEE SOME TOP QUALITY WORK THERE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME. GOOD HUNTING
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 06:18 PM   #5
Mare Rosu
Deceased

Thumbs up Atlanta Blade show

VANDOO
I agree with you about the strange diversity of most knife show makers/displayer's.
My thinking is that most collectors will in fact collect, buy, any type of blade if the opportunity comes along and most importantly if the price is low enough.
If you look at my avatar you will see three of the daggers I acquired at the last year show in Atlanta. Blade #1, #3, and blade #5 all from the same dealer. On posting dagger #1 here last year, on the forum, I got a nice complement from ARTZI stating, "if I should ever want to get rid of it"..... Now that sir is to me a very strong complement. Also one of my favorites persons will be there, that is
Mr. Pendray the maker of present day Wootz, so along with the thousand of knifes,swords,and daggers for sale the show have many seminars and the walking will do me good. Sort of a hard combination to beat I say. Plus I got a free VIP pass that don't hurt either!
Mare Rosu is offline   Reply With Quote