Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th March 2016, 06:41 PM   #1
carlitobrigante

Default Japanese Katana in Koshirae for trade

Hi Guys

I was looking to sell this item for £700, which is a bargain price for a Katana in fittings, particularly for the UK market.

I am willing to trade if anyone has anything interesting they would like to swop?

My interest vary wildly, so will consider any items, though i am keen on Moro items, or any Thai Dha. Would also be willing to swop for a Tanto or Wakizashi

Blades cutting edge is just over 27 inches long. It has some flaws, some openings in the steel and small scratches. The fittings seem to be the original fittings to the blade. The scabbard is intact but is very worn, the ito wrap is also starting to wear on one side.

Nihonto is not my main area of interest and i dont have the knowledge to date this piece accurately. A fellow collector with more knowledge that I, dated this item to the first half of the 19th century, going by the tang, the wear on the blade, and the fact that the mounts seem to be the original fittings (the tang has only the one hole)
Attached Images

carlitobrigante is offline   Reply With Quote