Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th January 2015, 05:20 AM   #1
Hotspur

Default Eagle Pommel Swords

Sometime during the past dozen years I developed an ocd regarding eagle pommel swords. A chaotic disorder of image harvesting commenced. Hundreds of examples, thousands of files. None meant for general publication without permission but rather a study tool.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Ws&usp=sharing

Misplaced examples (sometimes purposefully), non eagle swords and even jewelry. Far from done with winnowing the wheat from the chaf, I went ahead and uploaded the mess for any to view. my acquisitions have slowed down, as I found examples I was looking for. One remains to be found but maybe down the road.

www.oldswords.com is another more organized way to browse early modern swords.

The Lattimer pages and other copyrighted images shared here for informational purposes. At some point I plan on an article but it is tough to top whatt has already been published.

I had been concentratring mostly on the first Ketland, Osborn and Bolton birds but seem to have collected a few others. I am still looking for a horn or wood gripped Bolton sabre. There are plenty of the bone and ivory sabres and dark hilt spadroons but I have only seen a couple of dark hilt Bolton sabres.

My stuff is in the Groups folder and other associated folders.

Cheers

GC

Last edited by Hotspur; 15th January 2015 at 05:31 AM.
Hotspur is offline   Reply With Quote