Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th May 2005, 02:31 AM   #1
Brittany Lee

Default Tebutje

[IMG]file://C:\Documents and Settings\Doreen\Desktop\PA160035.JPG[/IMG] [

Hi , i was in Cape cod and I found this thing. I thinkits a tebutje..i have no clue, can anyone help me find out what it is.. its like 4 feet long, its made of light wood, its handel is woven and it has 4 rows or teeth (shark) going down the length or the pole and the teeth are attached with strings and holes in the teeth and little peices of wood. It looks really old like maby 200 years, the teeth are dusty, i found it in cape cod. Do you have advice what to do with it? thanks so much u guys are so smart
Brittany
i have no idea about computers ive never been in a forum so i couldnt figure out how to post the pictures. I took some and there on my desktop, but i couldnt figure out how to get them on this page so if someone could show meif they want to see pictures then that would be great

Brittany Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2005, 02:54 AM   #2
fearn

HI Brittany,

Welcome!

Unfortunately, the picture didn't transfer. I'd be thrilled if you could try again.

We had a similar query about a "tebutje" last year (the name is inaccurate. Reportedly, the native term is "te unun" with "te" equivalent to the english "the"). Here is the link to that discussion. Oddly enough, the one linked to was found in a house south of Boston. I'm not sure what the story is about Massachusetts and teununs in the basement, but it's making me want to check the basement of my friend's house when I visit him in Boston in a few weeks.

Some of us here are afficionados of these neat implements, although I personally don't own one.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Fearn
fearn is offline   Reply With Quote