Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd September 2016, 07:00 PM   #1
NotoriousCal

Default Looking for "living keris"

Hello group, In doing research I came across information on living keris or mystical keris. Can someone please help
Me find a dealer or someone that can tell me about the mystical keris?
NotoriousCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 08:23 PM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousCal
Hello group, In doing research I came across information on living keris or mystical keris. Can someone please help
Me find a dealer or someone that can tell me about the mystical keris?
Well Cal, this is not a forum for suggesting dealers as we keep this place non-commercial. But if by mentioning a dealer implies that you wish it obtain such a keris my first question would be why? What would be your purpose or goal in obtaining such a blade? How do you think it would benefit you?
If you are simply looking for information i would suggest you try our search engine. look under "Mystical Keris" or "Talismanic Keris" and you are likely to turn up a bit of reading on the subject.
My own world view and understanding of the seen and unseen worlds does indeed allow an acceptance of the concept of the "living" keris, but you will find many collectors who do not accept such notions so the whole thing is a bot controversial. I can tell you though, that in general keris dealers are likely to tell you anything they might think you want to hear in order to make a sale so i would not suggest that you seek information on the matter from such sources. You may get some private messages on the subject, but again, be aware of people trying to sell you anything, especially anything like a "living keris". My best suggestion for you is simply to buy keris that appeal to you. Buy the keris, not the story. Spirit has a way of finding you when the time is right.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:45 PM   #3
A. G. Maisey

I guess the keris in this thread qualifies as "living".

If it was not alive, it couldn't fly --- right?

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...t=flying+keris
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:16 PM   #4
NotoriousCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Well Cal, this is not a forum for suggesting dealers as we keep this place non-commercial. But if by mentioning a dealer implies that you wish it obtain such a keris my first question would be why? What would be your purpose or goal in obtaining such a blade? How do you think it would benefit you?
If you are simply looking for information i would suggest you try our search engine. look under "Mystical Keris" or "Talismanic Keris" and you are likely to turn up a bit of reading on the subject.
My own world view and understanding of the seen and unseen worlds does indeed allow an acceptance of the concept of the "living" keris, but you will find many collectors who do not accept such notions so the whole thing is a bot controversial. I can tell you though, that in general keris dealers are likely to tell you anything they might think you want to hear in order to make a sale so i would not suggest that you seek information on the matter from such sources. You may get some private messages on the subject, but again, be aware of people trying to sell you anything, especially anything like a "living keris". My best suggestion for you is simply to buy keris that appeal to you. Buy the keris, not the story. Spirit has a way of finding you when the time is right.
my goal to obtain a blade for protection and to help me to uplift myself. Much like a torch in the dark. I'm also seeking a keris because I don't have the knowledge or means to make one myself.
There something simplistic yet powerful about keris. I keep having these visions of myself holding one and feeling at ease. Almost like a meditation or a mind state forged in iron.
NotoriousCal is offline   Reply With Quote