Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th May 2006, 02:57 PM   #1
scatteredminds

Default New Keris Owner

Hello everyone. I am a member of swordforum.com. I am new to sword ownership and someone at swordforum told me I needed to bring my problem here to be solved. My sister has lives in Jakarta, Indonesia for the past 10 years. On her most recent trip to canada she brought with her a sword she had purchased over there. Here is the brief but suspicious tale she told me. She was in a town called Yogajakarta, Indonesia. She had recently completed a tour of the palace and had seen several Keris'. When she asked the Palace security guard where she could purchase a keris for her brother in Canada the guard obliged her request by taking her and her translator back to his home in the village where she was shown some very nice blades. Upon choosing a keris to purchase, I am not certain as to the price she paid, the guard performed the following ceremony. He removed the keris from the sheath, put it onto it's tip, and proceeded to go into a "trance", while in this trance my sister said the keris stood upon ots tip without ais or support og anykind. The man blessing the sword did so for peace and harmony as my wife and I purchased a new home. The guard told my sister the blade was between 75-100 years old. Other people on the swordforum said the blade looks new. I would really appreciate any help you can give me regarding the quality of the keris, possible age verification, and spiritual qualities, i.e. good blade v.s. evil blade.
Attached Images

scatteredminds is offline   Reply With Quote