Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th July 2016, 12:31 AM   #1
A.alnakkas

Default The Arab Shalfa (spear) An Interesting Example

Hey all,

This is an example of a rather interesting variation of the Arab spear. Recently a photo was published (included in post) of an Arab warrior with a spear equipped with a Caucasian Qama blade. I am very fortunate to come across an example currently in the possession of a friend. Unlike examples I come across, this one does not have script on the shaft and appears workman like. Some shalfas are even gold inlaid... sadly not many are available for me to examine, and those that exist are hidden with the lame excuse of belonging to controversial characters. Boring.

Although I only recently included Arabian spears into my research, it turned out to be quite fun and awfully mythical in some cases. There are plenty of types, some which I think are older, far older than many Arabian swords currently in my possession and in other's collection.

Enjoy the photos :-)
Attached Images

A.alnakkas is offline   Reply With Quote