|31st December 2009, 06:07 AM||#1|
Dear Keris lovers,
I'm probably ask this question that somebody threaded before, too many terminology for the keris and it depends on each region.
For the Lombok region where I'm living, this series called as :
5. Toli Toli
6. Sampleng Atas
7. Sampleng Bawak
Please help with the famous named in teh region you may know.
Happy New Year for everyone, wishing us all the best, specially in acquiring Keris.
Last edited by Hartadi : 31st December 2009 at 08:18 AM.
|31st December 2009, 03:49 PM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2009
From the Netherlands for you all: the best wishes and a good health,
and that our knowledge may grow
about regional terminology I have no information, we only use the standard names.
But maybe someone is interested in the symbolic meaning of the parts
1. Agkup -means submitting and devoting to God
2. Janggut -means bearer must feel strong faith towards God
3. Latha -means dirt on the forehead
4. Gandar- means the bearer is destined for himself
5. Gandek -means the waiting for Divinity
6. Godhong -means two uniting souls, People and government should agree with each other
7. Ri cangkring -symbolizes Elbows
8. Ukiran (Hilt) -means God is mightier than all
9. Warangka- means Eternal Life
10. Mendak- means bearer must be humble
11. Selut Keris Ring
12. Pendok -means Etiquettes
|31st December 2009, 04:42 PM||#3|
Dear Sirek, happy new year and wishing all the best for all of us.
Thank's.. yours more complete and detail then mine.. I have saved your picture on my HD for my reference.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|