Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd October 2006, 01:46 AM   #1
A. G. Maisey

Default Site Update + Puukos

G`day Everybody,

Our site has recently been updated with some photographs of keris blades of the current era, produced by makers of the Surakarta school.

These blades are not for sale but have been published for information only.

To see these blades, please use this link:-

http://www.kerisattosanaji.com/PBXIIempus.html

If you have an interest in puuko knives or other Scandinavian type knives, you may care to look at this part of the site too:-

http://www.kerisattosanaji.com/puukolist.html

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Alan.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 05:32 PM   #2
Kiai Carita

Default great website

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
G`day Everybody,

Our site has recently been updated with some photographs of keris blades of the current era, produced by makers of the Surakarta school.

These blades are not for sale but have been published for information only.

To see these blades, please use this link:-

http://www.kerisattosanaji.com/PBXIIempus.html

If you have an interest in puuko knives or other Scandinavian type knives, you may care to look at this part of the site too:-

http://www.kerisattosanaji.com/puukolist.html

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Alan.

Very nice website Alan thanks for sharing. I would like to purchase all the blades in your collection but sadly I am always skint to the bone. I feel very honored to be on this forum with the opportunity to learn from you: the ONE and ONLY true Western Mpu (if Oz can be considered the West).

Thanks again,
Bram.
Kiai Carita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 01:56 AM   #3
A. G. Maisey

Mate, Oz is truly the west----west of Fiji, west of Hawaii, west of all the Americas---even west of Africa .You can't go any further west than the Land of Oz.

The Surakarta makers blades I put up in the site are not for sale. I only put them up for info, so that students of the keris can see what has been produced in the current era by this school. I did not put up everything I have, just sufficient for an example.

Skint is a normal condition with all collectors. Doesn't matter whether its paper weights, Lamborghinis, or keris. No collector ever prizes money above things, which means we're nearly all of us broke, nearly all the time.

take it easy,

alan.

PS--not an empu.
Pauzan doesn't like to called an empu because of his religious beliefs; I don't like to be called an empu because I'm not. Call me a pandai keris, or a keris maker.Not an empu. Empu Suparman Supowijaya was an empu---I'm not.---alan.
Old 25th October 2006, 04:49 AM   #4
ariel

I could never understand the Kris: too esoteric for me.
But this was the first time I saw how gorgeous they were.... "Perhaps, it is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"
Thanks for sharing!
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 05:09 AM   #5
A. G. Maisey

Ariel, they can be exquisitely beautiful.

Many people in Jawa regard the keris as the highest expression of the Javanese plastic arts. Regretably what people in western countries normally see, and come to think of as keris, are poor, sad shadows or imitations of what a keris can be. I can think of few more beautiful physical objects than a royal Balinese keris with gem studded golden handle and ivory wrongko with golden pendok, or its class equivalent in a Surakarta style keris.Even the more humble pieces can radiate a charm that is seldom matched by other forms of weaponry.If you keep looking at keris, and become a little closer to them, you have some delights in store for you.
Old 26th October 2006, 01:23 PM   #6
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Default Thanks Alan ...

Alan:

Would you please make a note in this Forum when your next catalog (No. 51) is posted. I think a lot of us would be interested to see it before the goodies are gone.

Ian.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2006, 01:41 AM   #7
A. G. Maisey

Yeah, sure Ian.

That was supposed to be my son, Matt's job. He did it with the first of the cats that was run through the site, but from that time forward its been poor old Al who's been carrying the bricks.

But yeah---sure. Probably about end November.