View Single Post
Old 8th June 2015, 01:29 PM   #110
mahratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
Mahratt,
The so-called karuds have massive handles, often almost cylindrical. The so-called chooras have slender grips with beak-like pommels. One glance at #624 shows what it is.
And of course both you and I can see the Choora from the South Kensington exhibition: it is the very # 624.

Of course, everybody is entitled to his private opinion. Some people even continue maintaining their opinions despite overwhelming facts to the contrary: Flat Earth Society is still active despite satellites daily circling around :-)
Ariel, but in fact at the Afghan choora blade particular form. And on the knife under the number 624, the shape does not correspond to the classic Afghan chooraa. Are not you surprised? How can we then claim that it is the Afghan choora? I think that you will not say that the knife show us Kurt - typical afghan choora?

You have only seen a small image given in the book and on its basis to draw conclusions. I questioned you you've seen the knife at number 624 in the museum? I think the difference is clear ...

And I think astronomy is engaged in another forum
mahratt is offline   Reply With Quote