View Single Post
Old 27th December 2012, 10:27 AM   #6
A.alnakkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Salaams ~ I find it unbelievable that some collectors are still utterly in the dark regarding Omani Khanjars and Yemeni Jambias regarding their useage and understanding of the heritage as viewed by the people here... therefor I advise the viewing of The Omani Khanjar where I have added a post to re cover this important aspect.
The problem is not with local people upgrading/fixing their jambiyas and khanjars. That is part of the dagger wearing culture within the gulf its something that I want to live on. The problem is with that of old items deliberately changed or 'upgraded' to be sold for tourists or outsiders in general :-)

I personally want to upgrade one of my dress khanjars into a rhino hilt and to get a proper belt for it but granted its new and even the rhino is new :P

Anyways Ibrahim, as our man in the field of Omani Khanjars, is there any signs of decline? I know that the younger generation in all societies tend to be the ones who rebel against older costumes.. but would be interested in reading what you think of the situation there.
A.alnakkas is offline   Reply With Quote