Thread: Omani kattara
View Single Post
Old 13th October 2014, 04:37 PM   #26
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.alnakkas
He also sold items to the National Museum which used alot of his items for their inventory. Here goes the source you are using, since you claim he sells fakes and tricked even museums...

And yes, you are probably related to the other 3 million baloushis all over the world. Tariq and I have spoken extensively about other sellers and he have guided me to different sellers in Nizwa, Fanja and other areas that were too distant for me to visit. I mentioned you and your hypothesis, it doesnt ring a bell to him. I told him about rehilts, he showed me some and the guy was decent enough to tell me about recently redressed swords even before I asked.

Yet we have someone here selling an 40$ sword for 1500$ by using false information claiming others to be frauds.

Salaams ..With all due respect I think you should take breathing exercises to calm yourself down just a little... No one is saying you are a complete donkey for being fooled in a souk ... It happens to everyone... and no; Tariq is not my only source... and I dont know to whom you refer regarding sword prices which are in fact outside the domain of this forum as its commercial and I dont talk commercial because its against the rules as is flaming individuals and accusing folks of being liars... thus the suggestion to breath deeply...

It is actually quite an emotive subject though as adults on Forum I think we are capable of handling... I mean that this is a great and worthy subject and the item started by Kubur is a fine enough sword...

Of course I am absolutely shocked that Tariq , master forger has admitted selling stuff to any Museum ... You should spend some time in The Wallace !! Surely the whole entire point is that you have seen this master forgers work... You know he has been bashing this stuff out for 40 years yet you do not see the link... The swords with straight stiff blades on an Omani long conical flat hilt are forgeries...rehilted from a continuous supply of German / Ethiopian blades transitted from Ethiopia to Yemen and fitted up in Muscat...and sold through Muttrah Souk ...

Admit it... Youve seen it... Now do the right thing and get on the team... They are forgeries... The whole dancer fighter joke has been played out before your very eyes... You have to admit you are mistaken.....No?

What is particularly interesting to me are the sword Talismanic marks and I would prefer to discus those than other aspects you have outlined... like the Omani Battle Swords which are on the wrong thread here... though interesting even if they are recent rehilts ...and with your permission I would like to place them onto The Old Omani Battle Sword thread where they would be more at home.

My question was has the penny dropped ?...on the expert forgeries implanted onto world markets since 1970... or have I to go and get a statement of written fact signed by the Master Forger before it becomes believable? Surely not?...

Most people would accept that since the world body on such swords is this Forum that I would automatically be given the nod on this situation regardless of the stiff competition among some quarters who simply will not accept the facts...Having said that...I greatly admire those opinions and have asked myself many times if I have been mistaken...? Having said that and with all due respect to this learned Forum I have to say that I am convinced I am right... but... the final (if there is such a beast) thrust has not yet been made ... and that you should watch this space...

Forum will be delivered of this absolute scoop and amazing discovery in due course.

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 13th October 2014 at 04:54 PM.