View Single Post
Old 8th June 2018, 03:17 PM   #24
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
David, please read read my post carefully. I never have said, those blades from thread "Bling" wouldn't or couldn't be old.

In your comment above you even imply, I would have said, they were contemporary creation. That is more then a little bit far-fetched.

Not so long ago Alan did write a post about the precision in the use of language. Perhaps there should be one also about precision in reading a text.
Well Gustav, i did begin my post with "forgive me if i have misinterpreted". Apparently i have. I was working from memory and did not go back to check that past thread. My bad. The memory is, after all, the first thing to go, isn't it? What you actually stated in the "Bling" thread was that those keris couldn't possiblly be from 18th century as presented.
So then you do agree that Anthony's blade is probably from the end of the 19th century? Perhaps if you had simply stated that instead of trying to make a sarcastic swipe at a past thread we would all have had clearer communication all around and not would need to be clarifying our comments here to begin with.
David is offline   Reply With Quote