View Single Post
Old 26th June 2012, 02:54 PM   #26
Atlantia

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
As has been pointed out, there are certain "problems" with this keris. The hilt and sheath do not match regionally. Does the blade fit tightly in the sheath with no spacing between blade and opening? If the sheath appears made for the blade than perhaps the hilt was added later for sale purposes. If that is the case you might want to look for a nice Jogya style planar hilt and replace this one.
This is certainly not a master keris. Everyone seems to feel the need to apologize to you when saying this, but frankly, very few of us own master works. I do think it is a keris with some character and the bottom line is that if it appeals to you it was worth obtaining (though i am not sure what you mean by "comparatively expensive"). I personally have a liking for swirling pamors like this. Tunggalemetung has pointed out some valid problems in the crafting of this blade so i won't repeat them. But if this blade were perfectly executed it would have been more than "comparatively" expensive.
This is certainly a blade i would like to see in proper stain, so you might want to consider that.

Hi David,

Fair points, thanks. I do take them onboard.
It was expensive compared with my others/what I would usually expect to get a nice Keris for.
It seemed unusual and called to me. Perhaps I should have left it. Perhaps I should stick it under my pillow and see if it has any other message for me
I have no knowledge of how to restore the stain on these, any suggestions?

Best
Gene
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote