View Single Post
Old 26th June 2012, 02:49 PM   #25
Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunggulametung
Hello Jean, yes I think so, but I'm not well trained to differentiate which part of Java; my wild guess is Jogja (I don't know how it differ from Mataram ) just because I remember that it should look rather slender and pointy-please correct me if I'm wrong, and I don't know if the pamor appearance is valid for the region. I'm trying to speak about style and not origin-and not that tangguh thing to which the more I learn the more I don't care. Why do you ask that? Do you think otherwise (not a Javanese blade)?

Normally I only care about simple pamor (like wos wutah or ngulit semangka), but since you already start it, I would call this lintang kemukus tambal, kul buntet (snail) lintang kemukus (comet) tambal (to patch)-maybe not, or simply dwi warna (two colors/pamor), tri warna (three colors) etc. Also not well trained in the subject so I'm sorry if I name the wrong pamor .
Hello Chandra,
Yeah, this blade has some peculiar features such as the sirah cecak, pejetan, lambe gajah, and greneng so I have some doubts that it originates from Central Java but a regional javanese origin is possible. I share what you say about the tangguh matter, thanks to Alan for having opened our eyes!
I agree with your alternative pamor classifications.
Best regards
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote