View Single Post
Old 25th January 2010, 08:30 PM   #13
KuKulzA28

That blade has a style reminiscent of Jun Silva, a panday in Cebu. The seller never said it was Moro.
It is infact an "Authentic Philippine Barong"... because it was made by a Cebuano and it is a barong.

You guys might be making tongue-in-cheek remarks about how the barong was advertised on eBay, however, I have owned a Jun Silva pinuti bolo (and other people have also shared their experiences), and Jun Silva's stuff is great quality. Simple, tough, and sharp. The usually signs are shiny spring steel blades, scorched yellowy-orange wood, and rattan wrappings. They almost all have a Jun Silva mark stamped on them.

is a link to a photo of the pinuti I used to own. Here

If you like to use blades, Jun Silva makes great ones. Not really pretty ones for hanging on the wall display or mantle-piece, but you could definitely use it to get the job done so to speak. They aren't easy to get outside of the Philippines... most people that I know of who have them tend to be Filipino Martial Arts practitioners and have Filipino connections or teachers to help get them the blades from Silva.

Last edited by KuKulzA28; 25th January 2010 at 08:50 PM.
KuKulzA28 is offline   Reply With Quote