View Single Post
Old 28th July 2009, 09:40 PM   #14
Matchlock
(deceased)

Location: Bavaria, Germany - the center of 15th and 16th century gunmaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiridonov
what date of this barrel? http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/attach...id=48227&stc=1
Is the wood original or not? What calibre and length? How did the clutch and back plugis was attached?

As I stated, ca. 1440-60, formally.

As to the rest of your queries: Dear Spiridonov, please do accept the fact that I am not a clairvoyant - neither do I have access to better images nor am I able to 'see' and explain hidden features.

I may have been the most avid student of earliest guns during the past 30 years (at least I hope so, otherwise my life might have been sorta wasted during that long period!) but I'm not the Pope of firearms, meaning that I am not claiming to be infallible ...

Alright, okay?
Sorry to have to disapoint you, my Russian pal - I understand you seem to be searching for a universal authority to present dead easy answers to your complex queries - but believe me: it ain't me you're lookin' for ...

There sadly ain't no no way to prevent you from going thru a period of long, hard and painfully doubtin' studyin', and all I can offer is to try and guide you along. Learnin' means believin' a damn whole lot though. The only other possible way is doin' it all on your own.

I did.

Best,
Michael

Last edited by Matchlock; 28th July 2009 at 10:07 PM.
Matchlock is offline   Reply With Quote