View Single Post
Old 24th November 2006, 04:45 AM   #52
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Thumbs up Interesting idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivkin
I have approximately half of Kaminsky's review papers (unfortunately these ones are _really_ short reviews) scanned, so I can easily put them here (I am sure he would not mind). I do have some of this Ph.D. thesises also in a scanned version, however I would warn that some of them are not of top quality. They have a lot of new information, but you have to distill it from 200 pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Fuerbach
For my Alani etc info I ask my good friend Irina Arzhansteva, I want her to translate and publish her PhD (Moscow?). It was on the sword styles of Central Asia, she knows so much and has published so little on it.
Rivkin and Dr Ann:

I would suggest sending Lee Jones a PM about possibly posting scanned works here that are difficult to find. There may be some legal issues of copyright, etc. that need to be worked out. I can't speak for Lee, however I think he would give your idea some serious consideration.

I also believe that we have a couple of native Russian speakers who are active members of this forum, and they might be able/willing to assist in translating key passages.

Without hijacking the present thread, could I suggest that we take this interesting idea to a new thread.

ian.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote