View Single Post
Old 20th October 2016, 11:32 PM   #1
donsamadhi

Default World War2/Japansse Officer swords

I possess two items of officer weapons from the period of Japanesse attack on Pearl Harbour. First of all, I would like to ask you to help me with recognising whether the sword and sabre are authentic because I`m not sure for 100%.I`m not sure as well what is the meaning of those signs which are on particular parts of the weapons.The first item is an officer sabre with the inscription from the Emperor for Yama Oka Neigi (?) , "the Leader of Sasaki ,with the wishes of good luck (?)".I don`t understand ..Is it connected with squadrons of kamikaze or more with submarines which took part in an attack in 1941? The second one is a sword Wakizashi, it also was a kind of a prize from the Emperor. There is an inscription on the sheath and blade which points to that: "With the wishes of good luck from the Emperor for Kotaro Sato..(?)".
It is really an interesting story, as I know they came to Poland from Hawaii. I think they are rather authentic and for sure they have got some historical value for that period of the Second War World. I`m the owner of these items, I`ve bought them from my friend who bought ones 17 years ago from an American man.
Once again I`m asking you for help to recognise those inscriptions and to confirm that they aren`t any fakes.
Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Attached Images

donsamadhi is offline   Reply With Quote