View Single Post
Old 18th February 2014, 06:20 PM   #1
cutting_edge

Default Introductory post: I know nothing, pleas help!

Hello dear all,
first, allow me to briefly introduce myself.
My name is Alexandra and I discovered your forum while looking for information on some African (I presume) items I found a couple of weeks ago in a so-called Gebrauchtwarenhof, that is, a second-hand-shop on a charity basis, in Germany.

I must blandly state that I know nothing whatsoever about weaponry, ethnographic or otherwise, but I admire the craft that goes into these objects like I do with every craft and art. I love beautiful things, what ever they may be.

My field of collection is mainly glass and pottery, mid 20th century, Art Deco, Art Nouveau, I entertain a website also, whoever feels they would like to look at it can pm me, (I suppose?? not quite absorbed the forum rules yet.)

Anyway, I appreciate any kind of information on the objects I am posting as photographs. I am bracing myself to hear that they are tourist ware, as I could not tell :-), but of course I hope not. Country of origin, any more detailed identification as to maybe which region, as well as their age are the first pieces of information I am looking for.

Let me say that I am already impressed with this forum and the wealth of information it supplies and thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Alexandra
Attached Images

cutting_edge is offline   Reply With Quote