View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2017, 03:10 PM   #2
Johan van Zyl

Location: I live in Gordon's Bay, a village in the Western Cape Province in South Africa.

Hello ikkirosiki. I see you are new to the forum. I was new too, not too long ago. These guys here are awesome. When I look at your keris, I cannot give you much comment, because I do not own many kerisses and I do not have much to compare. Your scabbard looks Balinese to me, but I could be wrong. Your blade looks very good, but I'm easily impressed due to my poor experience. I'm sure the other collectors will come around soon to say something.

By the way, I've just heard the news that the oldest man who ever lived was an Indonesian (Central Java) man, who claimed he was born in 1870. He died very recently. Why I mention this, is the thought that if only one could have engaged him in conversation about kerisses while still alive, what recollections he would have: about tradition, cultural practices etc. What kerisses might he have handled or owned? His name was Saparman Sodimejo and he died very recently. I mention this in passing - I hope you get more replies soon.
Johan van Zyl is offline   Reply With Quote