View Single Post
Old 6th March 2016, 05:56 PM   #5
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

The things you point out are very true, and thank you so much for writing here. That was a thoughtful thing to do.
I can only speak for myself, in that these kinds of unusual and esoteric weapons are inherently exciting and all the more interesting for these very reasons.
I am a desperately curious person, and obsessive research maniac as can be seen in the many years Ive written here.
My goal has always been to search, find, study and share information and to place it here in hopes of us all learning together.

With the net these days it is unbelievable that I can find online things that used to take me months even years to find in the early years B.C. (before computers!).

Many guys are discouraged from certain kinds of weapons because they cannot afford or find them. For me, I learned long ago that it was the learning, not the collecting that was my thing. The beauty of these pages is that I can enjoy and learn from the pieces other guys who can find and buy them. The added plus is that we all can.

Thank you again for adding your comments here, very much appreciated.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote