View Single Post
Old 19th June 2014, 03:17 PM   #5
Pukka Bundook

Dear all,

I can understand Michael's thread being closed, as it mentions Columbine, etc. But I Do believe that the important element of the thread should be open for discussion.
To me, this part is the concern we must all share regarding the removal of very important early forearms from public viewing.
What concerns me about this is;

Who decides what is good for us, the public........on a national and international level?
To decide what is good and not good for us, puts these individuals in a position of authority over us.
This authority was not granted by the public at large, but another sign of the Nanny State, and voices should be raised against it.

Andrew,
This may come across as Political, but one cannot bury ones head in the sand, and expect to keep freedom of choice.
Unfortunately, there are always those willing to take control of our lives for us, If we Let them.
To me, the taking of such liberties are both sinister and subversive.
If such people get away with it, we can be sure they will endeavour to further impose their wills on us in other directions as well.
The ostrich approach to the problem is not going to work in these cases.

Michael,
Regarding your posts;
I would join in the discussions more, as they are of interest to me, but my poor old dial-up cannot handle the volume of pictures you post, so until we go High-speed, I can't contribute much in a meaningful manner.

All best wishes,
Richard.
Pukka Bundook is offline   Reply With Quote