View Single Post
Old 19th June 2014, 10:42 AM   #2
Marcus den toom

I was also quit suprised to see your thread closed, it would and should have sparked a discussion about this highly important subject.

Politics aside, the fact remains that even an youngster like me might not be able to see those great collections whenever they are deemed save and presentable to the outside world in a few decades, and i am the lucky one.
As i stated in the other thread, which might have been to politically seasoned (if so, just remove my post and continue the discussion instead of closing the thread), the connection between early firearms and firearms violence is far fetch. There is no police report or any clue what so ever to point to a connection between violence and early firearms!!!!

As we are all here on this forum we must assume we all like antique weapons, in whatever form or age (as long as they are antiques). Is it than not important to discuss this subject and support each other? There have been numerous attempt to even ban private antique weapon collections because of misperceptions and genneralisations.

The funny thing is though that most of the european royal families have extensive and beautifull collections of antique firearms, Oops politics
Marcus den toom is offline   Reply With Quote