View Single Post
Old 8th January 2019, 07:19 AM   #35
Martin Lubojacky

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoa
Hi, Martin (and everyone...). I have been playing with photoshop... and I came up with this. Julius Voos made a lot of blades for Abyssinia. The deep blue and the gold have not survived in the vast majority of the cases. The blades must have been magnificent. Other Solingen manufacturers made very similar blades and the proper identification is difficult. I based the identification of patterns 3 and 5 on the etching pattern. I have a shotel with looks pretty close to the first from the right, but I saw a drawing in an Eickhorn catalogue that looks almost identical, so I cannot be sure. Does anyone have a better picture of the Voos catalogue? Does anyone have other patterns of Voos blades? There is near mint example of pattern #2 in an Austrian Museum. I have to find the picture and post it. Cheers, RON
Hi, thank you for the Voos catalogue pictures again. For me it is enlightening and a little surprise that the shapes Nos 4, 5 and 1 were delivered from Solingen. (I saw shape No 4 two times only in 25 years and always mounted with brass handle. And shape No 1 once only without handle, heavily rusty...)
Martin Lubojacky is offline   Reply With Quote