View Single Post
Old 18th July 2009, 05:29 PM   #5
katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO
JUST FOR FUN I WILL GUESS THE OCCUPATION OF THE OWNER BASED ON THE BUSINESS THEY WERE IN AND THE PRESENCE OF A VULTURE. 1.OWNER OF A MORTUARY 2. A BANKER 3. A CROOKED LAWYER
NOTE I SPECIFIED THE CROOKED TYPE FOR THE VULTURE THERE ARE MANY OTHER TYPES GOOD AND BAD SOME WOULD HAVE A CANE WITH A SHARK THEY EVEN HAVE A TV SHOW ABOUT ONE SUCH.

Hi Vandoo ,
perhaps we could add 'politician' to the list or even 'colonial rulers' (apt for Africa) .......'poor quality butcher'...

I did find this ....

Abasi's Messenger Is a Vulture (Anang/Nigeria) The supreme god, all knowing, all-seeing, and all-powerful, Abasi moves at times from his place in the sky to the earth, where he struggles with evil supernatural beings and is sometimes challenged by ancestral spirits. Spirits touch people more routinely than Abasi. There are guardian spirits, ancestral spirits, and evil beings.

Many African cultures revere the vulture as a messenger or communicator with the dead / ancestors /afterlife.

In Ancient Egypt it was seen that the vulture was the symbol of perhaps the oldest of southern Ancient Egypt , Nekhbet, who was considered the protector of the pharaoh, royalty, and Egypt and always shown with her extended wings. They referred to the bird as the Mother of Mothers, who hath existed from the Beginning and creator of the world. This vulture always was seen on the front of the pharaoh’s crown. After the unification of Egypt both she and Wadjet (another early goddess in the Egyptian pantheon
who had the same role in southern Egypt) shared the location of the protecting deity on the new double crown that was worn by the pharaohs of every dynasty thereafter.

The nurturing behavior of these vultures while rearing their young led to a view of them as model parents, and their lack of sexual dimorphism led the Ancient Egyptians to think, mistakenly, that they were all female and reproduced through parthenogenesis .

Kind Regards David
katana is offline   Reply With Quote