View Single Post
Old 18th December 2007, 03:43 AM   #23
A. G. Maisey

I live in the state of New South Wales, in Australia. In early 2004, as a requirement under the Act, the NSW government initiated a review of the Weapons Prohibition Act. The then Minister for Police made public his intention of ensuring that one of the results of the review of this Act would be restrictions on the ownership of swords. His prime concern at the time appeared to be "samurai swords".

This review has not yet been completed.
I have been advised by a member of the reviewing body that the completion and release for public comment of the review, and its recommendations, is imminent.

When the results of this review are available I will ensure that all members of this forum are made aware of the content of the report and recommendations.

It is absolutely pointless to get emotional about these bans that are spreading across the world like a plague. This is a political matter, and the only way in which to effectively combat it is by political and legal means.If any of us wish to oppose these bans, this opposition must be mounted in a way that politicians may take note of, however, the problem here is that we are a very small minority group, and simply are not able to pose any significant threat to any political agenda.

Because of our limited numbers, perhaps the only way in which we might be able to impact upon these ill thought out political actions is to act in concert. In other words every single one of us, right across the world, should write to the relevant politician in whatever country, each time the government of a country proposes introduction of legislation that could effect our common interest.

Letters should be polite and logical, and where possible should demonstrate a quantifiable negative posed by the introduction of such legislation.

This present legislation that we are discussing is UK legislation.

If somebody in the UK can provide the name, title and address of the responsible politician, I propose that we do our best to bury this person in mail.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote