View Single Post
Old 24th March 2019, 07:55 PM   #24
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
Personally, I think that the “righteous indignation” decision to travel ( as described here) makes very little practical sense: the trip will cost €60 for the tickets plus some more for travel meals plus a cab for the trip from the bus station to and from the auction house, but a whole day of life will be lost. Buyer’s “savings” come up to ~ €8 per hour, about as high as Burger King’s hamburger flipper’s minimal wage.

But still, a pox on both the auction and the shipping houses!
Hello Ariel,

For sure it makes very little practical sense. I would have ordered UPS or an other organization to pick it up over there but when they don't even pack it...
I'll start from my place in the evening with a meal before and sitting in the bus over night and arrive in Zürich early in the morning and will take the tram instead of a cab to the auction house, I will have one meal in Zürich before (which don't will be cheap) I go back with the bus at noon and arrive back in the next night in Dortmund, a big bottle of water and some bananas will be my victuals. It's worth the pox on the auction house and the shipping organisation.

Regards,
Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote