View Single Post
Old 26th February 2005, 01:37 AM   #58
Mare Rosu
Deceased

Thumbs up Peridot mine!

JENS
I did use the same Iron powder as well as trying to do it the very same way. I could not use as much of the Iron powder as the magnetic field was so weak that if I use more it overwhelmed the effect and I could not take a picture of it. I am getting better at this as it only took me six times this time. To answer the question about the Peridot replacement on the dagger is that I went to a store in Franklyn NC called Ruby City and they has a pear/seed shaped stone of the exact size needed for the replacement. I did not want to leave the dagger with them so I bought the stone at the outrageous price of $5.00! and did the replacement my self. I did get "how to" advice from the owner as to how to do it. All in all not a bad days piece of work don't you think? For your information, ( I know you did not ask but I will tell you anyway) that Franklyn, NC is famous for it's Ruby mining as well as Sapphires and Garnets and other gems. You have to watch out as there are a lot of "sea sick" Rubies for the unawares for sale. What is "Sea Sick" Rubies you ask? Rubies from overseas that are of very poor quality and the name comes from the sea voyage over here, are then "salted" in the mines for the "tourist" to find.
FEARN
I took your advice/suggestion and did acquire a magnetic knife holder to test the effect on a cheep carbon knife. I also got four compasses to show the effect on the pol changes on the dagger. Will set this all up tomorrow and take pictures for you and others of the forum.
I ask to all that read this thread that JENS started, am I doing to much on all this? I think it is very interesting, as well as fun ( as long as you do not sneeze when doing the Iron powder test!) but that is just my opinion. Anyway I am winding down on this and should be over the testing tomorrow unless JENS ask more hard questions

RADU
You asked a question earlier on this thread, that never got an answer.
Reason I did not answer is that I did not understand the question, if you are still reading this thread ask again and I'll have one my assistants, JENS or FEARN answer you.
Gene
Mare Rosu is offline   Reply With Quote