View Single Post
Old 31st October 2022, 02:48 AM   #15
Nihl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusgmioc View Post
I wonder if any forum member can post some images and information about a genuinely antique, 19th century zirah-bouk?! ��
I was initially going to reply to this stating that I believe I have, in fact, seen 19th century zirah bouk before, however after reviewing those older examples I know of it seems as though they are all of such nebulous form that it is near impossible to tell 19th century from 20th century versions. Indeed, ultimately, it does not matter much; in either century these were likely made for tourists, as those aforementioned "earlier examples" I know of were neither less decorated nor of a more functional form than those from the 20th century.

Zirah bouk are ultimately though still functional designs. They might not actually be the "bestest armor piercer ever", nor used on the historical battlefield, but they are still far from the zaniest weapon type - made for tourists or not - created and/or used in India. Like Ariel said, if it is sharpened it would still be useful in a bar fight
Nihl is offline   Reply With Quote