View Single Post
Old 5th August 2022, 06:29 PM   #14
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Red face Would i dare ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Party View Post
... Do you have any suggested reading material in English or Spanish? ...
Nothing in particular, only a sum of characteristics that i (think i ) have learnt that make us feel this sword setup don't appear to make sense. I say 'us' because some of such details were already approached here by others.
The arch shaped 'patillas' that hold the quillons down to the cup guard are so (much) worked up that we don't see the usual screws that should fix them to the cup. The cup bowl is pierced in a so crude manner, in that its reverse (interior) looks so unfinished. The lack of ricasso definitely doesn't make sense, be it either short or long; unless as already approached the blade was (again so) shortened. The pommel looks bizarre, probably only to my eyes. The quillons being twisted, as well as the knuckle guard, would put this sword in a early period ... but they look so pristine. Also as approached, the grip wire wrapping ... doesn't look like a wrapping.
Now i will throw a 'disclaimer' in that all i said above doesn't actually have any knowledge support, and shall be regarded as potentially senseless .
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote