View Single Post
Old 28th August 2007, 03:34 PM   #5
skeeter70

..First, thank ya'll! As stated, any and all info is appreciated! The info posted is new info to me, and will be to my friend also. Nah, $$$ value is of no importance, and thanks for letting me know that is against the rules, missed that! I stated that just to let everyone know I (he) was not one of "those", ya'll know what I mean Im sure. Im just genuinely interested in anything about them. On the gun forums I belong to people are allowed to ask the value, but as expected they are new to the forums, and usually never post a pic or enough info to even get close to the actual value.

Already see that my friend had fallen for the myth (?) of them being dug.

I was thinking with what the maker had to work with as for as tools, the sheath would have been very difficult to make! ...and Keris, not "Kris"..Thanks so much!

The metal work is awesome! The other pics Ive looked at here as well, some VERY nice knives! Boy, working metal to such a degree with limited tools and material is a feat unto itself, fascinating at the least! I wonder where/how they came upon/developed this technique? Wow!

Were these for decoritive/cerimonial purposes/fighting, or all three? Just what was their purpose? With metal probably being a valuable commodity back then, I can see why these would be passed on, makes sense. I assume they were highly prized by the families. I would imagine that there was only a select few "metal smiths" that learned and passed the technique down; in other words, not every Tom Dick and Harry new/practiced the metal working?

So the handle on the Jawa is facing the wrong direction in conjunction with the hilt? Should he attempt to turn the handle in the right direction, or leave it? Is it hard or "hazardous" to turn the handle? Im am sure these seem like rather trivial questions, but not knowing anything about these....
skeeter70 is offline   Reply With Quote