Thread: Istanbul Visit
View Single Post
Old 8th December 2004, 09:56 PM   #6
Radu Transylvanicus

Thumbs up

1. Whenever you start bargaining you should do it by saying: Hey Arkadash (hello my friend... they love this phrase its cristal to their ears) and dont pay attention to the tag price if exist, talk to the seller and consider yourself a fool if you pay more than a half his price (as crazy as it sounds you`l see) specially to any bazaar shop.
Dont leave until you had the lamb, the tea and the halva (or any sweets!!!). Ariel, I couldnt agree more with you and by the way, nice avatar bro`, quite chic, I would expect nothing less from the fashionable dude you are !
Yeap, like others before me besides Askeri you should pay a visit to the Topkapi, anyone who does not see the Topkapy Sarayi Muzeum when in Istanbul is a fool. As touristy as it sounds it is a must, from the swords of the prophet to the ones of the sultans, do you really want to miss them ? By the way when in Topkapi, I must ask you a favour : I HAVE TRIED FOR YEARS TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE SWORD OF STEPHEN THE GREAT, KING OF MOLDAVIA (1457-1504) PLEASE ASK AN ATTENDANT TO POINT IT OUT FOR YOU AND TAKE A QUALITY PICTURE OR MORE OF IT AND I SELL MY SOUL TO YOU !!! It is a classic European straight crusader sword taken as war booty by the sultans army from this hero king of my native country, Romania.

Last edited by Radu Transylvanicus; 8th December 2004 at 10:07 PM.