View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 03:46 PM   #9
SuperCracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus den toom
If i where to take a guess, it would be a hole drilled from the butstock where the butplate covers the wood (and also the hole).
Also, the tang could be attached by a normal screw instead of a bolt that is going completly trough the wrist of the stock (and the trigger plate idem dito).

I never owned such a piece so.. hard to tell from fact from my point
I thought about it maybe being a wood screw rather than a through bolt, but I've only ever seen that done on the very lowest end American longrifles. And even on those it doesn't hold up. I can't imagine it being used on any quality weapon like the one shown.

I think the RR hole would have to be drilled as two holes that connect. I have printed out profile pics of some of these guns and it appears as though if the hole were drilled straight from the forend it would come out of the wrist. My first thought is that the first portion of the hole would be drilled from the entry pipe location to just past the breech. Then a second hole, angled down somewhat, is drilled behind the breech into the butt intersecting the first hole.

While difficult, that is doable, but still doesn't address the tang bolt.

This is giving me a headache. lol
SuperCracker is offline   Reply With Quote