View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2019, 08:42 AM   #3
David Gallas

Default more info

Hello David

Yes sorry, i"ll try to post some better pictures.

I'm part of the Dutch-Indonesian community. When the Dutch went to Indonesia, some 300 years ago, it were mainly men. They mixed with the Indonesian and we formed
a etnic group called Indo's. We are the biggest etnic group in Holland with 800.000 people and we kept the Indonesian culture from before the 2nd worldware.
About the keris we still follow Kejawen, but then the les syncretic version from before the 2nd worldware.
During the 2nd world ware we were a easy target because we have European names, that's why we moved to Holland in the 50th......
My Dutsh friends sometimes don't follow me when i talk about the energy of the keris, but the Dutch are very open so we could honnour our keris the way we liked to!

The owner of this keris commes from central Java, and is very ill.

His wife is European and doesn't feel much with the keris and we like to keep the pusaka's inside our etnic group to give it a good house, they don't have children.
He got the keris from his mother, who got the keris from her father, an army commander from Yogjakarta who also lived in Tegal. It is unknown where he got the keris from, and also what
i wrote here is not completely what they told me, the wife told me the grandfather was a Admiraal what is a navy title, so i changed to commander....that is always the difficulty about
old stories, family members don't have the original story or title and use the words that are commonly used in the family.....
I wanted to know more about his grandfather, and we are goung to see us more to talk about the keris, but he got an agressive form of cancer,
so you can understand that it's Eugene, that's his name, first and the keris on second place.

The pendok is made of gold, not gold plated but massive gold. I'm a goldsmith.
Also strange on this keris is the combong, but then absolute round, the owner called it the "whish hole..."
I like to know more about the painting, and my question is if Yogja has the same rules for colours as Solo? The basic colour was bleu.
I cannot recognice the pamor, just some of it spread over the blade.
I realy like the light sogokan who is very high on the blade. What does this mean?
Also the grip is something i've never seen. Yogja, Solo or maybe from the little kingdoms i do not know much about...

I would realy appresiate if i could get some more info about this keris!
Attached Images

David Gallas is offline   Reply With Quote