View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2006, 03:22 AM   #18
Alam Shah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marsh
I like it, but can not figure out how to do nested albums. I would like to have several levels.

Country (overall folder/album) [Main category]
type of artifact, Kris, barong, etc [Sub category to Main]
particular piece (18th c Duble fuller twistcore) and a description of the piece

Being an eclectic collector I have pieces from many different countries. So I need a lot of categories and sub-categories.
When using Picasa2, the categories and sub-categories can be divided by using Windows Explorer - Windows folder/directory structure. Sort-out what you want and use Picasa2 to edit/enhance/sort/label them accordingly. As always, some planning is required to form the structure of the repository.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marsh
So far I can only see how to make an one album with no sub-albums inside it. If you have a way to do this, I would really appreciate your input.

"Gallery" seems to have this problem also. I can see a picture that I can click to get into the page where someone's weapons are represented.

But even there it seems like all the pieces are just represented without sub-categories..
When using Gallery, the KampungNet is just an example of what is possible... You can create many nested albums and sub-albums as required within a single album, but at KgNet, the structure is simplified... we don't want people to traverse sub-album after sub-album, do we? But nevertheless, the feature is there and functional.
Alam Shah is offline   Reply With Quote