View Single Post
Old 25th February 2012, 11:49 AM   #17
A. G. Maisey

Jens, your reaction to my overly polite post is very surprising to me.
I have not commented in even the slightest degree upon your assistance, nor lack of it.

I have commented in general terms upon what I perceive to be a rather peculiar attitude. I am extremely familiar with this attitude, and it is one that has always mystified me.

I am also familiar with the usual practice of posting a photo of an entire piece, and the sticky that requests this, and this was the reason for my apology for being unable to comply with this practice. I would have thought that no further comment would have been required in regard to this.

The query I posted concerns script. Only script, nothing else. The fact that it is on a weapon is totally irrelevant, it might just as well have been on a piece of paper. If it can be read, it can be read: if cannot be read, then it cannot be read.

My friend was not asking to be told where this object was from, nor what it was called, nor how old it was, he was simply asking if the script could be read. It appears it cannot be read. End of story.

I thank you most sincerely for your efforts in attempting to read this script, but I accept that this is beyond you, as many things are equally beyond myself, and all of us. Since you cannot read it, then it is clear that you are not withholding any assistance, so how is it possible that I could make any sort of remark that referred to your lack of assistance? I'm sure you have done the best you could, and again I thank you for your efforts.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote