View Single Post
Old 29th November 2011, 09:40 PM   #14
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinreadline
Hi
These are certainly World Wide Arms products. I have an identical set which I bought for my son over 15 years ago. They looked old and were reasonable quality , but copuld well have been made in India in recent times. However just because they were sold by WWA it does not mean they are fake.. WWA have turned some pretty fantastic pieces of Indo Persian gear over the last 40 years ... in the early days Les Rawlinson was always over in India buying up armouries .
On another point , I am a friend of Roger Evans .. the only miniatures he is interested in are miniaure bayonets , so I dont think he will be much help here .
You're right he was interested in bayonets primarily and I had forgotten that detail. Its been a while since talking with him so please send my best regards. His work on "The Plug Bayonet" was outstanding as were his "Cold Steel" articles which I read for many years before becoming acquainted with him.
What is key in his work is the pertinant details which often relate to other fields of arms. Despite the focus on bayonets, his attention to collective detail often offers highly relevant clues to other areas.

All best regards,
Jim