Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bavaria, Germany - the center of 15th and 16th century gunmaking
And a great big WELCOME from me as well - especially as you made a real giant leap to land smashing here, by posting these highly valuable sources of historic illustrations.
Thank you so much!
Without any doubt, they are an important contemporary proof of the upcoming of gun rests in the early 16th century, and their wider use by ca. 1530.
For more information on gun rests/forks, please see my new thread
Lower Bavaria, Germany
- Self-established Academic Medievalist
- Graduated from Regensburg University in 1982
- Stipendiary recipient and member of the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes, Bonn
- Author of BEHÄLTNISSE FÜR KOSTBARES 1500-1700, 2005
- M. of the Arms & Armour Society, London since 1991
- M. of the Gesellschaft für Historische Waffen- und Kostümkunde e.V., Berlin since 1987
- Expertises in European weapons, ironworks, and furniture of the 14th through 17th centuries
- Preservation and academic documentation of museum collections