View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:25 AM   #9
Fernando K

Hello :

I hope that the translations do not betray me
Regarding the key (lock ) twice , the fact that the heads of some screws be square has no significance : the key also has ordinary screws. Even the flintlock has (I see ) rake screw ( Frizen ) with his square head .
Regarding the absence of first detent is a result of elongation of the plate ( plate) is needed and act with the pawl from far back . Even the hole in the wheel should be flat rather than tapered , so that the end of the latch , driven by its spring , remaining there until he was introduced to fire . Just different , that cam cubrecazoleta ( COVERPAN ) is not driven by the crankshaft of the wheel, but by the guarantor.

Regarding the comparison with the key ( lock) Portuguese , this has all the characteristics of a late model the cubrecazoleta is driven by the crankshaft and even has a spring that keeps it permanently closed

Regarding the trigger system of the flintlock , any review would not be more than a fiction , without seeing the original weapon . Calamandrei , in his book " Acciarin nei tempi " ( Keys ( locks ) in time) imagines a trigger button, which goes outside the plate ( plate) . For me, the two holes below correspond to cock a spring which kept the hook (dog ) away from the rooster ( cock )
Fernando K is offline   Reply With Quote