View Single Post
Old 12th May 2019, 05:21 AM   #21
QuisUtDeus

Wow! Thank you very much. I thought a quality scabbard would have hidden the jointing better. You can see the glue even in the seller's pictures. When my scabbard broke I didn't get at all angry or annoyed.

I thought it would be easy to get another scabbard. I've never had problem bringing blades into and out of the Philippines. I think my best option will be to bring it there and have a custom hilt and scabbard made. I like kamagong wood. I want a heavy single-piece scabbard without glue. I know a jeweler who can copy the mendak design and install worthy stones.

Everything is good news. My money wasn't ill spent. Thank you deeply for all your help. It seems that a point of origin isn't at all clear, and that is ok. The possibilities you've referenced will make good starting points for academic reading.

I realize everyone that's posted so far is of a very rational mind, but I do want to mention that this blade's aura is growing. I've been reading a lot of threads and the one entitled 'keris and spirit' has been very informative so far. A Swiss man mentions owning a plain keris that two sixth-sense people (like myself) would have nothing to do with. I showed this keris to a friend who also has sixth sense and he will not allow the blade in his house again.

The blade brings me nothing ill. I tingle when I touch it. Out of all the great looking and better quality kerises I chose this physically average piece. Out of the many hundreds of kerises I've looked at on the internet only two or three others appeal to me.

I hope a member with a metaphysical point of view finds this thread. There seem to be a lot of them here.

I'm sorry if my customizing offends anyone. I got this keris for metaphysical reasons and the accessories are all duds. I will repair and take care of them as a rational collector. No worries!
QuisUtDeus is offline   Reply With Quote