View Single Post
Old 28th July 2008, 07:45 PM   #9
Mare Rosu
Deceased

Smile My thanks to all forum folks

Hello to all; I want to thank Dr. Ann for all the hours of her time and effort she spent on this project, as well as Andrew and Dr. Lee for allowing the report to be posted. Thanks to members of this forum for information about the knives, from prior postings on this forum. Most of the knives listed have been written up in the past on this forum and a lot of great information about them can be found (see Jens “classic” on blade magnetism, on the Mysore blade). I want to acknowledge the help of members of this forum, that is, Jens Nordlunde, Brian Isaac and Radu Frentiu for their help in educating me on the blades as well as great information in general on all aspects of collecting. This forum is one great place to learn and share.

I like to express a personal opinion at this point. I think the responsibility of having a collection even as small as mine, should be of the utmost concern for all of us. Since I do not keep the collection at home and when I do get to them it is like seeing an old friend after a long time absence, the kindling of friendship starts all over again. One must always treat old friends with respect, and honor, shame on anyone that looses, mistreats or create damage to them, as has been said many times on this forum, yes, you may own them now but not forever, there are just in our care for a little while.

One thing that Dr. Ann did for me was to have the report printed up in a spiral binder and she used high glossy paper, that makes the pictures just “jump” out at me and is almost as good as having the knives in my hands. I learn something new each time I read her report. This forum is noted, and rightly so, for the sharing of information between each other and if this report provides any help to others by having this report posted then it is well worth it.

My health being what it is keeps me from posting as often as I would like to. I just wish I had started collecting earlier. The “hunt” is a great part of the fun of collecting; the acquiring is not so bad either.
So I again say thank you all for your kind comments and to Jens, Brian, and Radu (wherever you are ) a really big, big THANK YOU for your kindness and help.
Gene
Mare Rosu is offline   Reply With Quote