View Single Post
Old 28th February 2014, 04:39 PM   #16
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus den toom
Hi Fernando,

I must appologize for the lack of other pictures which gives also a view of the other side of the powder testers (with touch hole)...
Oh no Marcus, all was fine enough from your side.
The touchole confusion was on the sites descriptions, not on the 'missing' pictures.

Quote:
...The bronze 4 legged one and the third one from post #7 where both made by the collector Keith Coulter, who according to the auction website who sold these items before, made these powder testers for his own collection and not for fraudulent purposes. Thus these are modern replicas, most likely using multiple styles? (confusing )...
After you posted the links, i went browsing on the sources of those examples ... and also on the Keith Coulter issue. That's why i guessed on the fantasy of the peculiar example.

Quote:
...It has a spring next to the powder 'deposit', i wonder what this might do. ...
If you read the description, it says "with touchole cover". Perhaps that is a sort of dust cover ... or for avoiding the priming powder to fall off (?). The spring is there to secure the cover ... and maybe to turn aside to open.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote