View Single Post
Old 12th November 2006, 12:08 PM   #4
katana

Hi Spiral,
thank you, I am certainly taking your advice...I am hoping that the serial no. matches the name of the original purchaser...or at least the Regiment it went to. At least, I can trace the possibility that the owner/Regiment was/were active in the Sudan at the time of the 'uprising'. Seeing as these swords are from someones estate....it seems strange that they would have a Kaskara 'matched' with it. I am hoping the Kaskara's etched blade may have a date....however, as we know...this would not be definative proof...the date could be faked. I think IMHO that the history of the Wilkinson sword will ..perhaps..provide clues to the provinance of the Kaskara.

Could anyone confirm that that the wooden hilted SEA sword is a 'tourist' item......its just that many iitems sold to travellers are based on genuine articles ....are there SEA swords and scabbards similar to this one??

Is a replacement scabbard for the Wilkinson sword, hard to find? Does anyone know what pattern this sword is ? Thankyou for any information
katana is offline   Reply With Quote