View Single Post
Old 25th November 2017, 02:42 PM   #15
MitsuWa.

Your pictures seem to further illustrate the misalignment of the Katar to your forearm with the Bitchwa crossing over the side bars like that? If you are comfortable doing so I wonder what would happen if you were to punch a solid target with your Katar, besides being misaligned looks like a possibility of a couple of bruised middle fingers at the very least the way your hand is crowded against the base of the blade with that grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayde78
Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this question so far. I appreciate the dialogue.

Roland and Battara,

You make good points, and surely the ergonomics must be considered. However, the bichwa's design is to fit below the fingers and around the palm, leaving the fingers free. With the hilt of the example pictured, it marries nicely against the cross bars of the katar. The alignment for the thrust is not affected, and may even be improved (granted, that could just be a function of my larger hands). I've added some more pics to show better angles of how the simultaneous grasping doesn't seem to impede the ability to wield and engage either weapon.

Also, since posting this, it occurred to me that the allusion to a scorpion's stinger is strengthened when hold these weapons together in this configuration. I know I have never seen this suggested before, so I get that my suggestion is probably a bit far fetched, but I'd still love to see more examples put together in such a manner to see if they generally pair so well, or are my two examples just strangely well suited to one another. Heck, I met my wife and she is tolerates me well enough, so I guess anything is possible!
MitsuWa. is offline   Reply With Quote