View Single Post
Old 12th June 2006, 09:07 AM   #4
A. G. Maisey

Perhaps not so time consuming.

Resource cost?

I have no idea.

I doubt that every Forum member would want to rush into print every month or so. Quality papers and articles take quality time to research and write. Australia`s most esteemed society of antique arms collectors has some notable people amongst its members, but the Society constantly has difficulty in getting articles to publish in its journal, even though that journal is now only published occasionally. I think there is one due at the moment, but it would be , I think, three years since the previous one.

For a Forum sponsored journal,a select panel could review submissions prior to publication , and publication would be subject to panel approval.

Where a rejection occurred the panel could provide guidelines and recommendations to assist with approval upon resubmission.

I feel that since the standard would be a little higher than the casual exchange of ideas that occurs in any Forum setting, the volume of submissions would not be high, but because people would (hopefully) wish to be published, the standard of the articles accepted for publication could be expected to be relatively high.

I do not believe the work load would be great, but I have absolutely no idea what provision of web space might cost.

Possibly the greatest negative factor would be the possibility of giving offence by rejection, or because of recommendations made to assist republication. Not everybody is always open to criticism, no matter how well intentioned this criticism may be.
A. G. Maisey is online now   Reply With Quote